The ACO Group is one of the world market leaders in drainage technology. Climate change brings us face to face with challenges to respond to new environmental influences by developing innovative solutions. With its integrated approach, ACO stands for professional drainage, economical cleaning, and the controlled release and reuse of water.
We do this by processing polymer concrete, stainless steel, plastic, cast iron and reinforced concrete. Because we make our products in environmentally-compatible processes, and use them creatively, ACO products satisfy up-and-coming demands for technical innovation, economical application, and sustainable construction.
Today, ACO has independent firms in 41 countries on 4 continents. We run our own production sites in 13 countries, including South Africa. Regardless of national differences, we put the ACO brand with its good image, quality claims and core competency at the heart of our marketing activities. An international culture is the hallmark of the ACO Group, which fosters a creative balance between the family-based roots and its cosmopolitan approach.
- In 1946 ACO was founded by Josef-Severin Ahlmann
- Today ACO employs more than 5,000 staff in 40 countries (Europe, America, Asia, Australia and Africa)
- 31 production sites in 12 countries
- Turnover 2018: Euro 850 million
- The ACO Group has been supplying projects in South Africa since 1991 and decided to open a regional office for local support in South Africa in 2012
- The ACO Group acquired Rofo Engineering in South Africa in 2016 and moved the ACO Office to the production plant in Wadeville, Germiston